Brussels blow to Microsoft upheld

arthur

woot

However I wish they would just prevent M$ trading until they pay the fine?

Its obvious M$ intends to play this out regardless, they have already dragged it out for 5 years so they should pay up now and the money used to good purpose in funding opensource research and alternatives for the mainstream.

Of course they can't just ban M$ because M$ has a stranglehold over business ... which is somewhat ironic :screwy:

i disagree, i say kick em out of europe, kick em out of blighty's new warships and send them packing back to america with their tail between their legs.

and good riddance to bad rubbish !!!

and business's will then have to look for alternatives and they will find all the other os's that work so well, not just linux.

perhaps thats what really needs to happen? a real hard hitting change to wake the world up?

ah well i can dream :zzz::thumbs: lol

Hey, I'm from America!  I don't like Microsoft any more than you guys do, but you don't have to make it sound like we all stand behind them.

Its not that we have to kick em back to somewhere :D

I think it is a difference in European business practice to American ... our laws are not really made for a company that is big enough and arrogant enough to ignore them....

Its not that we have to kick em back to somewhere :D 

I think it is a difference in European business practice to American ... our laws are not really made for a company that is big enough and arrogant enough to ignore them....

I don't think our laws were made for a company like M$ either...but...no one really likes our laws...everyone I know wants to move to Canada :-P

Edited by Urza9814

What i mean is a lot of business in Europe is still done with handshakes not contracts. We tend to be a lot more trusting and to an extent expect the nanny state to protect the consumer...

also we tend to dislike overtly negative advertising of competitors product.

So our cionsumers don't know how to deal with agressive american style advertising and marketing and the laws rely on the companies not wanting to look bad...

unfortunately M$ doesn't care oif it looks bad becuase it has a captive market.