amd64, abit av8 mobo and mdk64bit [SOLVED]

Guest choopie

Guest choopie

I have hardware as described in topic. Tryed to run a 64 bit version of MDK (devel, rc 1, download release).

The system installed, everything should work, but there is a problem with a new hardware detecting stage - couple of RIP's ad the running is stopped. The main topic is "netevent" - something and bunch of RIP's PIP's and a huge list of other errors on my boot screen...

So anyone have the succes in getting it to work? Maybe something i have to switch in bios, or maybe i have to wait for a full moon?

BTW - why there is another system that asking me where i want to go today but not telling me what exactly going wrong betwen him and my hardware??

SOLVED - Has to disable the onboard ethernet controller at all during the installation... Now i have to back to a dark age of my compatible 10 Mb/s 3com.

Edited by choopie

• 1 month later...

are you able to use the onboard nic at all, or do you have to disable it and run an add in card? funny that during the install i can get on the net and download updates but get the same error message during normal bootup.