* post edited 18/12/04

i found out to change it

does work even if both part are root root

i have installed again a version of firefox from mozilla

when i do

[root@localhost adam]# ls -l /usr/bin/mozilla-firefox

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 6674 Nov 5 10:34 /usr/bin/mozilla-firefox*

what the star mean ?

i am confused now :-( don't know what to do.

Edited by Hemtah

If you are having this many problems and have not yet built up a profile you can't stand to lose, here's the skinny:

1) Remove all existing Firefox as best you can.

2) Go to Firefox website and download the tar.gz archive

3) Unpack the archive (you can do this in GUI) somewhere in your home folder. Avoid any existing or previous locations.

4) Open konsole (do not su to root!) and navigate to that folder.

5) do this: ./firefox-installer (you should get the full GUI installer)

6) Once installed, create an application shortcut on your Desktop. Make it point to /yourfolder/firefox (the target is a shell script, NOT an executable binary).

7) You can click on the wheel icon during this process and select an icon. Scroll down and the Firefox icon should already be in there.

Now you can click the icon on your Desktop and launch Firefox. Huzzah!

Here's a long shot but it can cause all kinds of trouble. Go to Mandrake Control Center>Security>Levels and Checks and see what security level you have set. Anything greater than "High" causes real usability problems and is unnecessary for a desktop. These problems are frequently manifested as permission problems.

Edited by pmpatrick

Hiya, just double check it this option, and everything is on std level.

thx

Here's a long shot but it can cause all kinds of trouble. Go to Mandrake Control Center>Security>Levels and Checks and see what security level you have set. Anything greater than "High" causes real usability problems and is unnecessary for a desktop. These problems are frequently manifested as permission problems.

i have installed many softwares since i am using Mdk10.1ce, all of them work fine, but the only one who hell my life is firefox, just installed opera to see if it works or not, and guess yes it is working like a charm, i have then tried to install Mozilla and guesssssssssssss does not work, i am ban from mozilla lol euh :lol2:

so could someone give me a good rpm link chere i can download a firefox who works fine :-D i will be more than happy to get it work without any prob.

:furious3: