Booting Problems with 10.1 could be alsa

Guest illegal_op

Guest illegal_op

I have been using Mandrake since version 7 and have had no problem that I could not overcome untill now (10.1) :angry:

I had 10 community edition installed and working fine without any problems but I decided to upgrade to 10.1 powerpack edition on DVD. I put the disk in and the upgrade went fine no problems. but when the installation was complete and the system rebooted it hung on "Detecting new hardware" , I though it would be an easy fix so I booted back up the install disk and disabled the harddrake service, then rebooted the machine.

This time it made it to alsactl loading settings until it hung up. So I used interactive startup to bypass it. The rest went smooth untill I tried to use MCC. It wouldnt even load only the spash screen. I opened a terminal to try to get it to work that was as root but it still didn't work.

The sound card is a generic via82xx, and it is detected correctly and also worked great under 10. :wall:

So if anyone can :help: please do.

Guest tarasbulba

same problem with mdk 10.1 official...i have an usb modem and while booting mdk sucks..same thing.when i plug off modem it completly works and have no problem.but i need internet connection!mdk 10.0 was working fine with my modem. :help: me too..

• 2 weeks later...

Do we havea solution here?

Just out of the blue today my PC started hanging on the Hardware detctng bit. I did the same and turned it off only to have it hang on Restoring ALSA, my MCC also does not work.

So yeah does anyone know how to fix this? It came out of the blue, Mandrake 10.1 oe has been running fine for ages with no problems. I was using the PC this morning fine and turned it off as I was going out, came home turned it on to have this issue. :wall: