Help with JVC GR-D72 and MDL 10.1

Relic2K

Hey all;

I just picked up a JVC GR-D72 USB DV MiniCam. When I plug it in and turn it on, MDL is recognizing the fact that it is there, USB Viewer shows it, but I think I still need the proper driver module for this device. Does anyone else have or using this hardware with MDL 10.1 ? Anyone know where a driver can be fournd ? I have been doing some research, but so far most of it is just firewire releated material. My main goal is to copy and burn most of it to DVD, which most ot the software I have already installed. Thanks in advance. :help:

Update;

Well it looks like the output on the camera is in fact firewire vice USB. The cable has a firewire plug on one end, and a USB connector on the other end. What file do I add the modules for the firewire modules to be loaded at bootup ? I am not sure exacly what goes where in each file...... Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Relic2K, it is better that you edit your original post ("Edit" buttom at the bottom right) instead of posting 3 instances about the same topic.

Do you still need help with your hardware? I didn't really understand your last question.

sincerely,

Darkelve

Relic2K, it is better that you edit your original post ("Edit" buttom at the bottom right) instead of posting 3 instances about the same topic.

Do you still need help with your hardware? I didn't really understand your last question.

sincerely,

Darkelve

Darkelve;

I was simply posting followups and updates to my initial question/request for help. I am slowly figuring this out on my own, but I was wonder if anyone else was using this DV Camcorder with MDL. I could use some help finguring out how to burn home movies from the Digital Tape to a DVD burner.

The JVC camcorder has a firewire port on the side, and I have a firewire to USB cable which plugs into my Belkin USB 2.0 PCI card. MDL is now detecting the camcorder in USB Viewer and it is using the "usb-storage" module. I know need a program for transfering the Tape Media to DVD or Hardrive so I can burn it. I have Kino and a couple of other programs installed but I have never played with this stuff before. When I go in the the Kino preferences I am getting an error about the IEEE1394 (/dev/ieee1394) not responding saying

"The raw1394 module must be loaded, and you must have read and write access to /dev/raw/1394 "

Edited by Relic2K

It's not a problem but I think 1 post is cleaner.

Do not know about the 1st question, but perhaps you have to change your permissions for the second question?

Okay, I made another mistake the DV Camcorder is strickly USB. The port on the side says USB vice Firewire. I should not have to do anything to the device file. Question is now, what software do I use ? Kino seems to only be looking for firewire devices.