mouse wheel scroll

daniewicz

Using the KDE Control Center, I have attempted to change the number of lines my Microsoft optical wheelmouse scrolls. I change the "Mouse wheel scrolls by:" menu item but I see no change in the scrolling behavior.

A cursory Google search and a search of this forum didn't help.

I don't seem to see it anymore in Cooker that I'm using, but are you using a version of Mandrake that uses imwheel? If so, there is a file you have to edit to tell imwheel not to be responsible for the settings in certain apps, so they can deal with it themselves.

Use easy urpmi and select Mandrake version 10.0 Official or10.1 Official then select MAIN in source core distribution. Click on step 3. when that has completed then paste that web address into Konsole set as root by typing su ....click enter then type in your root password.

When you enter that address then click on enter. let it do its thing and when completed close Konsole.

Open Mandrake Control Centre and select install software. press the button for all software in alphabetical order and in the list you should now see imwheel-0.9.9-5mdk.

Click on it to download and install it for you. As far as I know there are no dependencies for it so it should be straight forward.for you.

Cheers. John.

Thanks Aussiejohn:

I played around with imwheel a little.

My primary interest was adjusting the amount of wheel scrolling in Firefox. I decided to abandon imwheel and I added this to my user.js file:

user_pref("mousewheel.withnokey.numlines",10);

user_pref("mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines",false);