Rebuilding a bad cd

cage47

Is it possible to rebuild a bad burned cd by copying the cd to the hd and replacing the bad files with files downloaded off the 'net and then reburning the cd? I got my mandy 10.0 cd's online. I had the guy replace cd's 1 and 2 because I couldn't even install with them because they had bad read errors. With them replaced I could install. But today I went to make a copy of the cd's for a friend and cd's 3 and 4 also have bad reads at the end of the cd. I can install with them but I can't copy then with any cd copying program (linux or windows). The only problems I can foresee is the cd volume. Don't want to have to buy new cd's because of this if at all avoidable.

You may not want to buy new ones, but thats the best move. (either that or demand your money back)

bvc is in your town, i am sure if he reads this he can tell you a good store to get quality CD's or CDRW'S

Well I was able to save cd4. It just barely read I'm going to reburn it. Getting money back isn't an option. It's been too long. I"VE got good cd's I'm making copies onto. It's the cd's I bought. the curse of ebay. I got them the day 10.0 official came out. I think the guy who did them had a bad batch of cd's since they all had read errors. I'd just hate to have to get new cd's when it turns out there are only 4 files trashed. I was able to copy the entire cd off to my temp dir but 4 files wouldn't read and they're at the end of the cd. I was hoping to just go online and download these files and reburn the cd.