superkaramba

ChrisM

just installed superkaramba from urpmi (3.4 I believe).

Installed a couple of themes ---but I can only get txt and no bling.

Screenie shows 2 themes: ubermon and manyak (left and right accordingley).

A friend installed 10.1 last night and his superkaramba has big bling. why not mine?

Or do I need to install anything else.

I've looked at configure desktop, and tried altering a few settings, but nothing seems to work.

post-3931-1100897151_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChrisM

it looks like a borked package. check your superkaramba folder. there should be icons somewhere (although i prefer the minimalistic approach = no icons for superkaramba/gdesklets.... hey... i dumped them altogether! :woot:)

Thanks arctic

I found the folder of icons - somehow I had managed to separate the themes from the icons :cheesy: I joined them back together again and ubermon now has icons and txt.

However, the same cannot be said to be true for Manyak - only some of the icons appear on some of the themes - that is really borked, sadly, he'll have to go.

Thanks again, I'll need to watch out next time, not really sure how I managed to screw it up in the first place. But there you go, if anyone's gonna break anything, it's always me :jester:

But I think i agree with you now, looks better without those big icons taking up all the space :lol:

if anyone's gonna break anything, it's always me

uh... i would not brag so much about it. i believe you are not such an expert at breaking machines as my girlfriends dad (68 years old and a computer maniac). he managed to break both winxp and mandrakelinux five times in four weeks, leaving the task of repairing his box on me. :puter:

if anyone's gonna break anything, it's always me

uh... i would not brag so much about it. i believe you are not such an expert at breaking machines as my girlfriends dad (68 years old and a computer maniac). he managed to break both winxp and mandrakelinux five times in four weeks, leaving the task of repairing his box on me. :puter:

Aaaah, the noble but non-dieing art of OS-smashing! It's and honoured and glorious sports deciplin reaching many decades back in time.

And I'm one of the pupils! :cheesy: