Internet Problems help

biga2710

Open Mandrake Control Centre (usually called MMM for short) and select ....Security ... then click on ......Firewall.......... When in there, check to see which boxes are ticked.

You either need to select EVERYTHING which is at the top which means no firewall and allows everything to connect, or as in my case I have selected ...FTP server and Pop and IMAP server.

If you don't want NO FIREWALL then you may need to select one or more of the others depending on your setup.

But try NO FIREWALL first to see at least whether you can actually connect and if you can then you can proceed from there and then start to tighten up the system. If NONE of the boxes are ticked then you will be able to connect at all .

When you are passed into the next section then make sure that it shows your correct interface in the ...NET DEVICE... window (In my case it is ETHO).

That should do it if that was your problem.

Cheers. John.

Open Mandrake Control Centre (usually called MMM for short) and select ....Security ... then click on ......Firewall..........    When in there, check to see which boxes are ticked.

You either need to select  EVERYTHING which is at the top  which means no firewall and allows everything to connect, or as in my case I have selected ...FTP server and  Pop and IMAP server.

If you don't want  NO FIREWALL then you may need to select one or more of the others depending on your setup. 

But try NO FIREWALL first to see at least whether you can actually connect and if you can then you can proceed from there and then start to tighten up the system.  If NONE of the boxes are ticked then you will be able to connect at all .

When you are passed into the next section then make sure that it shows your correct interface in the ...NET DEVICE... window  (In my case it is ETHO).

That should do it if that was your problem.

Cheers.                        John.

ok well i have done that alrdy thats not the problem im stumped