Burning Troubles

Guest itmpm

Hi. I seem to be having terrible trouble burning CD-ROM's. I tried X-CDRoast first, and after a long struggle getting the CD-ROM and the CD-RW drives working it started to burn something, but then I ended up with unreadable disks--particularly multi-session ones.

After a quick check on the Internet, I switched to Eroaster (does this make me an Eroastrian? :) Even as I type, it is attempting to burn a CD-ROM but it quickly got hung up. The log window says:

Starting new track at sector: 0

and then nothing. Meanwhile, the CLI (where I originally ran Eroaster as su (sudo)) spat the following msg at me:

ValueError: empty string for float()

But I'm not sure if this is serious or not.

What's going on? This is very frustrating.

MTIA,

Matt

Try K3B....

I will never go back to eroaster or xcdroast or other such nonsense....

It can be a bugger to install... (dependencies and stuff) but once you use it, you will never use anything else.

Never had a bad disk burned with it.

If you still have problems after using K3B... you're trouble is probably driver/hardware... and as such, out of my league.

itmpm,

Which mandrake distro r u using ?

Anyway, xcdroast, eroaster, k3b, and koncd are all GUI interfaces to the actual command-line tool called cdrecord. Make sure u have upgraded ur cdrecord and xcdroast rpms, if there are any upgrades for ur distro. Try to get a proper cd burn with just cdrecord from command-line. Do man cdrecord and go to the EXAMPLES section for help.