Problems updating with Mandrake mirrors

onegear

Hello all,

I just installed 10.1CE and have been unable to update the system using the Mandrake mirrors. I've chosen just about every mirror in every country but receive the same error on each. Following is the exact error that I receive:

"It's impossible to retrieve the list of new packages from 'the media_update source'. Either this update media is misconfigured, and in this case you should use the Software Media Manager to remove it and re-add it in order to re-configure it, either it is currently unreachable and you should try later."

I've been trying to reach the servers for about a week so I don't think that they are simply "down". Could it be possible that all of the mirrors listed are simply no longer available and that I would just need to refresh the list? If so, how would I go about retrieving the new list?

This one really has me stumped. It may just be my unfamiliarity of Mandrake.

Thanks for your help.

Hi there onegear

I had exactly the same problems a couple weeks back - just could not update.

Check out my earlier thread here which will also link you into another thread where my issue was resolved :D

It won't take long, and is actually quite straightforward - I can say that now :P

Be warned, you're 10.1CE will become Official :banana: