Uptime Monitor

crock

I remember back when I used to use MDK 9.1/9.2 there was a small program within KDE that allowed me to monitor ETH 0 usage, CPU usage and memory usage all within the same applet. I'm at a loss for what the program was called though. Can anyone remember what that program's name was and if it is still included with the version of KDE that ships with MDK 10.1CE?

That lil program was mighty handy.

Thanks all.

It's called ksysguard :). Mandrake still ships it.

If you mean the applet that roughly does the same in kicker, that is in one of the kdeaddon or extra packages. Look in MCC/Software/install software, search for kde and check the contents of the kde packages.

Good luck.

if it isn't what devries mentioned, try ksensors. it shows CPU speed, CPU state, RAM used, Swap used, up time, & sensor temps. i THINK it's on the MDK instal CD's. if not, it's definitely in Contrib sources. don't remember which one i got it from now.

Chris

It definately isn't KSysguard. I've checked out ksensors and that's not it either. The program used to be a vertical bar that displayed the activity of the CPU, ETH 0 interface, RAM and system uptime. It wasn't much, but it certainly was nice.

Thats very close to what it looks like, but I definately remember it being a K-application. I tried even kde-apps.org but can find nothing.

I think what I'm going to do prior to upgrading to 10.1OE whenever it's made publicly available, is install 9.1 or 9.2 for a bit, tinker around in there for a while, find the name of the elusive program and then install 10.1OE while remember what program it is. That'll solve this problem. I'll remember to post back when I figure out what it is.