Fedora Core 3

could some one post a full yum.conf file for me?

oh btw FC3 is Da' bomB!!!! :headbang:

I did, it's 3 post up. FC3 has moved all repository's to /etc/yum.repo.d/<repo name> as seperate files to keep it a bit cleaner. I'll post more repo's next, but I always warn people that they should use livna and fedora.us as defaults and use the other ones (enable) them as they need packages only provided by freshrpms/dag/dries/atrpms/newrpms. Thats only my recommandation which comes from years of use, you add all of them and more than likley you will have an rpm disaster! There like 2 seperate groups,

Fedora, Livna & Fedora.us <---Those 2 don't interfer with packages "Fedora" puts out.

or

Fedora, Dag, Freshrpms, Dries, Atrpms and Newrpms. <- These 6 work together so they don't overlap, but will touch packages that "Fedora" puts out and make upgrades if they feel it is needed.

i think fedora is something of a linux-distro... i think i heard something like that somewhere... :D

bvc, i am running fedora since a week now and i must say, not bad at all. very good feeling so far. the only thing that needed work is the media-stuff (mp3 support) but this already a known thing. and gnome 2.8... just like ubuntu, so this damn good. the "biggest" advantage of ubuntu is that 1.) it boots a bit faster and 2.) it is more stable than fedora3 (from what i have seen in both forums) although i didn't have any crashes so far and 3.) it has the debian repositories. apt-get is also there for fedora but not nearly as much packages for selection as in ubuntu... but if you only want the system for working-stuff, it is more than adequate.

all in all, i am quite pleased with fc3 till now. but once ubuntu gets to a new version (with newer kernel) i guess iwill use it again. :)

hmm not sure i understand what to do, i will have to talk to you on irc some time...

Alright, I made a post at fedoraforums that should walk you through and anybody else who wants to see the power of YUM and FC3.

Enjoy, cause it took me awhile and yum just rocks if you know how to use it!

:drum:

Sit Back and Click here for the wonderful world of YUM!