ADSL tray icon

Guest klez

I disabled the icon in the tray that was starting with the O.S. It was an icon with some kind of plugs that used to connect each other when ADSL was up. I have to make it happen again, because i unfortunately disabled it. How?

I also can't make the connection start during the boot. If i exit from the interactive startup and see the verbose, it says that both eth0 and ppp0 failed to bring up. Could it be a problem connected to the missing tray icon?

P.S.: i have mandrake 10.1

i would assume you have diabled the service to start up automatically. Although im not aware what service you disabled, in general if you right click on the systemtry you can add applets or application buttons. I would look there if you can find the service you disabled. Another choice might be via MCC: Star>System>Services and see if the vital service you disabled is in there.

Question, did you have the eth0 before?

Also, please post your configuration, that will dramatically improve the chance you get the right answer to solve your problem

my config:

Mandrake 10.1

Athlon XP 2200+

Epox 8k5a2

512 Megs Se+ mem

Radeon 9500PRO

PCI ethernet card with VIA Rhine III chipset

ADSL Ppoe LAN modem (Aethra)

ADSL actually works really well, but the only way i can connect myself is to remove the connections and re-install them so that Drakconnector connects. Maybe there's a line command to connect...

The ADSL tray you get when first installing mandrake isn't in the services list and i disabled its automatic startup within the right-click menu you get clickin on the icon.

better? :)

Is it possible that all the genious here can resolve a lot more complicated problem than this but not this one? :D

C'mon it's impossible! ;)

It is just a matter of reconfigurating a service. If i only know WHICH service it is, i could get rid of this problem in 5 mins!

open a terminal as root and type "ifup eth0". if you do not get your connection back that way, type "setup adsl". if you still don't get a working network, type "ifconfig". post the output here, as well as the contents of /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.

also take a look at the mandkrake-control-centers networking section, where you can set up/change/monitor your networking services.