The infamous nvidia driver 6111 on 2.6.3-19mdk

Guest issarg

Well, once again you are going to help some poor stupid newbie in his neverending quest to get his linux system back in action...

The Nvidia driver 6111 doesn't compile a new interface, when I use the "--add-this-kernel" bit, tells me that can't find the :furious3: nvidia.ko

that's pretty much it.

I'm on a Mdk 10.0 Official, with updated kernel 2.6.3-19mdk

I HAVE the correct kenrel sources

Any help is going to be enourmesly appreciated.

Edited by issarg

This was trouble with Mandrake 10.1 and nVidia drivers, but it may help in your case as well...

http://ariejan.net/content/view/85/32/

Also, after installing the drivers on 10.0 Official (before trying my hand at 10.1 CE) to get the drivers running after install, I had to do a second ldconfig, and it worked after that...

10.1 CE is another problem however... I was able to compile the drivers, but for some reason I can't get them to run. (being somewhat new to Linux Administration myself, I am probably overlooking something simple...)

After configuring xorg.conf and making sure Load "glx" is there, and changing the driver to "nvidia" when trying to start Xwindows it says "screen found but unable to configure" or similar remark. If I do a modprobe nvidia it will work, but only until reboot. Then it is back to a command prompt.

Hopefully this will help you... And maybe someone will see this and be able to offer me some help as well...

Good luck!