Security Update resource

Guest prabhup

Guest prabhup

Dear All

Iam new to Mandrake , but have handson with Redhat and Debian. I need one clarification on security updates. Is it possible to get security updates released by Mandrake freely like debian OR what is the procedure to get Security updates. Pls. advice.

Prabhu :wall:

When you've used easyurpmi, you can use urpmi (see the FAQ) or the Mandrake Control Centre to update your system.

I'm not at a Linux machine at the moment, so this is approximately how to use the MCC: use the MCC icon or choose Configure your Computer from the menu. Then choose Software Management, and Sources. Your installation CDs will probably be selected, so uncheck them and select Mandrake Update - this should have been set up by easyurpmi. Save the changes then go to the previous page where you can choose to update your system - the actual wording may vary according to the version you're using. You can then select which packages you want to update.

Hope this helps. :)

I think it depends on which version of Mandrake you use i.e an Official/Community edition.

I'm using 10.1 CE but I am unable to get any security updates - see my thread I started here

Also, using Easy Urpmi does not allow 10.1CE security updates - though it will for 10.1 official.

Edited by ChrisM

+++The post linked to in my previous message within this thread has just been updated, it seems using the 10.1 official mirrors at Easy Urpmi allows CE users to upgrade to official - and so be able to get access to security updates. I've not tried this yet - but will feedback into the thread linked above so that 2 threads are not repeated+++