what's on yr wine list?which games ran?

Guest prometheus

Guest prometheus

after staying for 9 hours in #winehq and reading a 100 pages and stayin till 4:00AM reading usenet posts (pretty sad :D ) i got the following games to work under wine:

warcraft3 , DeusEx ( installed the patch too) and quake2.. i didnt try starcraft yet but i heard it works, diablo installs fine, but when i play it i get Blizzard's logo then a blank screen, dunno how to fix that one yet. gta3 tells me that it doesnt run under win95!! i tried wine gta3.exe -- -winver win98 but it still gave me the same message, i'll try changing the config file and see if that will help.

well, that's what i got working..

btw i use wine-20021219 and i compiled it with opengl.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the following working using WineX:

Jedi Knight

Jedi Outcast

ST Voyager Elite Force

Fallout

Fallout 2

StarCraft

ST Starfleet Academy (don't try the Chekov's Mission expansion)

Pax Imperia 2: Eminent Domain

Taipei

Apparently, Spider-Man (non-movie version) and Imperium Galactica are also supposed to run, as well as ST Away Team (I found a fix for the graphics color problem, but can't ge teh main game to run, again,... CD problem),... but I have not been successful with them. They apparently employ some form of copy protection that prevents them from being seen as being in the CD drive.

I tried to get M$ Combat Flight Simulator 2 running, but it wouldn't make it through the install.

I-War is supposed to run as well. Again, bust.

Several other games installed (ST Armada I & II, X-Wing Alliance, and some others). However they crashed when trying to run. Sometimes they lock up the system (even in emulation, Windoze crashes... ).

If anyone else has any luck with some of these non-working games listed, I'd love to know. If anyone needs help with the working ones, I'd be happy to oblige.

• 1 month later...
Here's the list of games I got to work in the various versions of wine.

Quake 2

Unreal Tournament

Rollercoaster Tycoon

Delta Force 2

Delta Force

Command & Conquer

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Half-Life

Three of those games run natively just fine... And Railroad Tycoon II has a separate boxed version if you can find it (TuxGames has it).

Anyhow, here's a list of games I tried in WineX: http://icculus.org/~dolson/mdkxp/rpm/WineXGames.html

I remember a snapshot of Mc Rae Rally Demo running in Wine (100% fake Windows). I have the real Mc Rae Rally (not Demo, I bought the game for cheap) and I'd like to play it, but so far, I just manage to install the game. As soon as the exe is started, winedbg opens.

Does anyone know how to play this game? Maybe I simply don't choose the right video card. For real, I have a rage128. In the game's installer, I tried ATI 2 (or something like that, an old card) and auto-detection. Neither work...

Yves.