Urpmi errors

Latem

Ok I haven't updated my mirrors in a long while, and today I wanted to update my main, and it said it couldn'y find the hdlist, but I went to the ftp and everything was there before.

This is the mirror

ftp://mirror.aca.oakland.edu/linux/mandra.../Mandrake/RPMS/

with

../base/hdlist.cz

So I removed the mirror, and added it again.

It dled the list but then gave error:

Unable to add medium, errors reported:

...retreiving failed: curl failed: exited with 28 or signal 0

retreival of source hdlist (or synthesis) failed

no hdlist file found for medium "main"

problem reading synthesis file of medium "main"

What's up?

I tried this mirror twice. I didnt try a diff mirror cuz it takes me 20 mins to dl the file. I thought I'd find out whats going on first.

Thanks, Latem

Yes, even if the file exist, if other files are not in sync you can get that error. Depending on the updates and how long it has been, it could also be that urpmi needs to be upgraded to understand the mirror? I had that happen. Manually downloading and installing the urpmi pkg>updating the sources and trying again worked.

Edited by bvc

Thanks for the info, I'll try another mirror.

But in case it is urpmi, where do I dl it from? just manually dl it from one of the mirrors?

I've found these RPMS:

urpmi-4.4.5-10mdk.noarch.rpm

urpmi-parallel-ka-run-4.4.5-10mdk.noarch.rpm

urpmi-parallel-ssh-4.4.5-10mdk.noarch.rpm

urpmi.setup-0.4.4-4mdk.noarch.rpm

urpmi.setup-web-0.4.4-4mdk.noarch.rpm

gurpmi-4.4.5-10mdk.noarch.rpm

which one(s) do I install?

Thanks

Latem

That's weird, I'm getting a similar behavior (but not exactly the same) for ftp://ftp.ciril.fr/pub/linux/mandrakelinu...ates/10.0/RPMS/, except that some of the upgrades installed prorerly but not others.

However the problem I get is "the useranme and password is not correct", some times followed by "curl failed: exited with 10 or signal 0".

I was using the command line, not the control center but that shouldn't matter.

EDIT: it's got to be a server busy issue, every time I rerun it, I pick up a few more rpms while others still fail.

Edited by papaschtroumpf

• 3 weeks later...

I still cant seem to solve this and get it right.

I've tried 3 different mirrors, and always got the errors.

I've also tried adding the main mirror from command line with --wget (instead of curl) twice with different mirros, and both times it just hanged there after downlaoding the list from the mirror. I had to Ctrl+C it. After that if I do the same command line it completes the addition by finding the list in cache/partial. So I now have a main mirror, and I can see packages from it. But I havent had to install anything yet, so I am not sure if it would work.

I also have the 4.4.5-10mdk version of urpmi so I don't think I need to upgrade that.

I never changed anything so I dont know why/how it's not working right.

Anyone got any ideas at all what might be the problem, and what I could try?

Also is there any way to add a mirror with a list that you downloaded elsewhere. Like if I download the list at school where I have a much faster connection, can I add that mirror with that file that I already have. I hope what I am asking makes sense. I've looked through some opsions of urpmi.addmedia and it seemed like this would be possible but wasn't sure.

If you need some config files or more info just let me know.

Thanks,

Latem