Suse freezes on install

I recently got the free suse dvds from novell. I decided to give them a go as i have never really tried out suse. When i goto install though the computer seems to freeze at various stages during the install.

My theory is that the dvd spins down and wont spin back up again is there anyway i may be able to get around this. I am using the graphic installer.

hmmmm --- it's been awhile since I installed SuSE. I know there are a few different things you can do at the start of install ----- I think if you press F1 or something at the start you will get a list of options. I would start with the text install first with maybe the noapic option and the 2.6 kernel option.

p.s.

do you have Plug n Play turned off in your bios?

by the way is it a random hang or is it hanging at the same places every time?

Edited by durvish

It hangs at random points during the install it depends how quickly i rush through the beginning options. it always seems to crash a couple of minutes into the install. ive managed to get to the package selection once but mostly it does the searching for drives part and hangs their.

Thanks for the halp i have several more options to try, however i am going to put it on hold as i have just downloaded fedora core 3 test3 to try on a friends recommendation as it is suppose to bemore stable and generally better than fedora core 2 final ever was which i had many issues with. Thanks for the help anyway.