New Conexant Winmodem HCF/HSF drivers available.

growler

I have had intermittant sucess with Internet conections using a Rockwell/Conexant HCF modem on my LM9 box and have just found new drivers available( 25th December) at the http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv site FYI. I'll let you know the outcome.

On another topic... is it worth upgrading to the latest nVIDIA drivers. Are they worth the trouble?

edit...spelling

Sure glad some one posted this info....justgot the same info via IRC...and, it's just what I needed...

Not sure how the drivers work with modems, but they sure enough got my sound card to work

Using RH8.0 here at the moment...but, the same drivers ought to work with Mdk...will find out later...

Don't know who worked up the drivers, but they have my heart felt thanks...the sound was the last obsctable to losing windows..my ham radio's need the sound card....

Well! Excellent... replying to this via Konqueror for the first time. My problems connecting to my ISP here in Oz seem over. Marc Bocher.... thanks , another happy little vegemite..(sorry, australian slang, for the rest of you)

I've used them for almost a year, and the conexantHSF does better in linux than in win98se.

Don't know who worked up the drivers, but they have my heart felt thanks...
I think that's who growler is referring to (Marc Bocher). Been a long time so I don't remember, but I sent 2 emails giving my thanks. I did this because I wanted Conexant to know I appreciated it. They are involved in the linux driver devel. Send'em an email :)