SuSe Linux 9.2 Live CD available

Darkelve

Tested the kde version.

First try : out of sync monitor ! :furious3:

Second try on another computer : works nicely. Only two languages. No easy way to configure keyboard.... :o

Played a little with it.

- suze kde 3.3 is not very different from mandrake kde 3.2 (and 3.3 pim)

Only differences i spotted : kde configuration menu, integration of rss feeds, send to contact in konqueror (at least !)

- yast seems interesting. GUI for installing soft is better than MCC

- an utility to switch profiles in the systray; (like network configuration...) Very nice idea :lol:

- OOo with kde style buttons. Nice !

- i like a lot the default window decoration (see my post in art&design) :headbang:

- discovered two new prog : gwenview (nice picture viewer integrated to konqueror), and kitchensync (what does it do ? I couldn't guess !)

So i keep my MDK, thanks, but will submit the idea of the switch profile and OOo kde style buttons for MDK 10.2 :beer:

Edited by GodFlesh

• 1 month later...
Guest smorrey
- discovered two new prog : gwenview (nice picture viewer integrated to konqueror), and kitchensync (what does it do ? I couldn't guess !)

Kitchensync is the KDE equivalent of M$ Windows Active Sync, it's also a play on words since it can sync with nearly any device, including Palm OS and Pocket PC enabled devices, not to mention the Sharp Zaurus.

Hope that helps!

Edited by smorrey

Kitchensync is the KDE equivalent of M$ Windows Active Sync, it's also a play on words since it can sync with nearly any device, including Palm OS and Pocket PC enabled devices, not to mention the Sharp Zaurus.

Hope that helps!

I thought it was a word play because people state that some Linux distros include "Everything but the kitchen sink". Well, now they do include KitchenSync... that's how I understood the joke.