CUPS/Samba/HP PSC 1350

Urza9814

Ok...im having massive networking problems...as I have no clue wtf I'm doing here...so if someone could gimme some advice that'd be great...

1) I think Samba is set up right, as I can see the shared folders and printer of my other (windoze) comp through Linneighborhood. Problem is, when I mount those folders, the files inside them don't appear.

2) CUPS is not working, and I don't know why. I can print from the windoze boot of this comp, and I know the printer location and name are right. My guess is a driver issue...so...where can I find, and more important (I think I could find it...maybe...) how do I install a driver for an HPPSC1350?

3) I've tried PrinterDrake, but it cannot find any printers on the remote comp.

sorry if this has been posted elsewhere...I ran a search for CUPS, and failed to find anything helpful...

I think you need to configure CUPS differently because your running Windoze/SAMBA.

See documentation at CUPS, the pathway from the CUPS WWW admin tool is: Documentation>FAQs>Network Questions>How Do I Use SAMBA With CUPS

Also, for your printer, check out TWiki page here which might prove useful.

I don't have a printer over a SAMBA network so hope these are helpful,if you haven't seen them already (though I have a printer over CUPS/Linux network and was amazed at how quickly it set up :P)