Klaptop bug? [SOLVED]

Not sure were to post this:

I have discovered what I believe is a bug with Klaptop in 10.1 CE. I have tried to configure it to work properly but cannot get it to properly report the staus of the battery or plug.

This is on a compaq presario laptop 1210US. The battery works fine, the application will not report a battery even exists. The power meters are also inop. There is a button to start the service, but it also has no effect.

[moved from Hardware by spinynorman - but don't worry about it :)]

Hi

I had the same problem with mdk10 but someone else helped me. he started some services like acpi and other things that I don't remember. After that I went to the mcc and I checked the acpi in the boot section. Then after a reboot I had the Klaptop indicator and it worked quiet nicely. But I noticed that one of the fans was running too much compared when the Klaptop wasn't operated. Anyway, I reinstalled and now I can not get it working. I checked the acpi in the boot section but the power manger doesn't work. It indicates that I have to enable the 'AC Adaptor' and the 'Control Method Battery' but I don't now how to do so. You can also install GKrellm and see if it works for you (it doesn't for my Compaq presario R3055CA). I think there is a post about acpi and battery indicator somewhere here in this section of the forum. Check it, that may help you.

Yes. I found it. It worked perfectly for me too. Quote below for thread purposes:

I got it working at last!

I'm running MDK 9.2 with KDE on my laptop (Compaq Evo N1020v). Klaptop was already installed with main installation but it showed 'No Battery' sign. I had to do the following to get it working.

1. Configure Your Computer -> Boot -> DrakBoot -> Configure -> Enable ACPI. Restart your computer after this.

2. Configure Your Computer -> Software Management -> RpmDrake (Install +).

3. Write 'acpi' in the finder. This should bring up two packages called something like

a). acpi_0.6.9mdk

. acpi_1.0mdk

4. Install both packages. This would require MDK installation CD/DVD.

5. Restart your computer, Hopefully you should see the correct batter status in the system tray.

hth

Wamiq

w.ansari@gmail.com

Unless someone can explain differently, all the options above should be set and install by default with Klaptop. It could be one less thing to write about in the forums and maybe one more Windoze convert along the way.

Any way this one is solved! :banana: