Crimson Fields via email.

VeeDubb

I used to play crimson fields on my old pocket PC a couple of years ago, and I just rediscovered it for linux. I have also just discovered that you can play the game via email, sort of like mailing chess moves back and forth with a pen-pal. You select a password and after your turn is finished, it tells you where the file you need to email is. Then we just pass back and forth the attatchments.

I was wondering if anyone was interested in starting a game via email. If enough people are interested, we could set up several games, maybe a ladder.

lol...yea...but...im lazy :P

I was expecting more of a brief description or comparison...something faster than reading the site...but...since you gave me the site...I just looked at the screenshots :P

looks awesome...I think imma DL it...as I'm bored with all my other games...lol

ooh, this game is awesome...first real turn-based strategy game I've seen that actually needs some strategy...lol

reminds me of fantasy general...except...I could actually win fantasy general...lol

Sent a pm day before yesterday, still interested?

im still interested but do not have the time (our solaris clearcase server doesnt want to boot and Sun is asking for a $1000 emergency charge even if their office is only a few blocks away).

wait, i have to open a graphics console? hmmnn, know any text-based stratege/rpg game that can be emailed back and forth? :)

ciao!