Restoring original rpm sources

phunni

I have just completed a basic install of Mandrake on a mchaine that I wil be using as a server. For some reason, however, only CD1 has been added as a source for RPM. I seem to remember that there is a specific command for adding al lthe distribution sources to urpmi (I have 3 CDs)

Can anyone remember what this command is?

OK, I can see that I could simply add the other CDs as a specific source. I was thinking of a particular command, related to urpmi.addmedia, that specifically added the sources for the current distribution.

So I could do: urpmi.addmedia MyCD file:///mnt/cdrom/MyCD/RPMS and add a source that way called MyCD - or I could use the command I am thinking of (but can't remember) to add all three Mandrake CDs in a robust way using only one command

So I could do: urpmi.addmedia MyCD file:///mnt/cdrom/MyCD/RPMS and add a source that way called MyCD

I don't think so (I'm not an expert as I install the rpms the macho way, you know, when men where men, and so) but reading man urpmi.addmedia you can see:

Removable device:

urpmi.addmedia removable_<device>://<path> with <relative path of hdlist>

<device>  is the name of your media as specified in the /dev/ directory (e.g. cdrom, floppy, zip, ...).

<path> is the location of the rpm directory on your machine when media is mounted.

Do that for each one of the cds

Thank you - that was exactly what I was looking for. I'm currently having a minor problem, however. Every time I try to run the command, I get "unable tot access the first installation medium"

I have cd1 in the drive when I run this command - is this right?

I have cd1 in the drive when I run this command - is this right?

i don't remember. i had to this myself a few months, but don't recall having any problems with it. i guess you could try it initially without a cd in the drive or with disc 2 in the drive, etc. also, make sure /mnt/cdrom is the correct name for the device you're using