URPMI Dumb Question

Guest mandrake123

What if i download every file in texstars folder for urpmi and burn them on a cd. Could i then add that cd i made to urpmi?

Yes it would work and then add it to your sources but I have to ask why would you want to do such a thing? Just add texstars site as a urpmi source.

Guest mandrake123

Why? That is a good question. 2 reasons. Because the --noclean swith does not work and i have dial up. I like to keep those rpms after i install them so i do not have to get them again if i need to. Also i have dsl at work so i can just download them there, then bring home and have all those apps without having to wait hours and hours.

Why? That is a good question. 2 reasons. Because the --noclean swith does not work and i have dial up. I like to keep those rpms after i install them so i do not have to get them again if i need to. Also i have dsl at work so i can just download them there, then bring home and have all those apps without having to wait hours and hours.

Yep being on dialup at home not only sucks but is an excellent reason to put them on cd. I believe the command would be something like urpmi.addmedia tex then path to the cd?

Guest mandrake123

Ok, now heres the million dollar question:

The files in the contrib directory will not fit on a cd. I have the files on 2 cd's. can i tell urpmi to search 2 different sources for the same files?

Sure, you can add 100 cd's. Name them tex1 and tex2 (for example) and add them to urpmi.

urpmi will know which one to ask for when you do your stuff.