How do I....

Artificial Intelligence

I don't know in which of the forums I should put this so....

1. How do I make a specific program default? Like I got two web browser installed: Konqueror and Firefox or two music player Totem and Xmms. How do I setup mandrake so it choose the one I prefer?

2. How do I set Eterm to be in the background while using it (so it doesn't comes in front of other windows) I'm looking for a script for to the commando when I want to start Eterm. (it's transparent without buttonbar and scrollbar).

3. Another Eterm and/or general for other program question: Is it possible to make a program not showing up in the "work bar"?

4. I'm experience that I can't hear music from my CD-rom, only if the music are on the harddisc, what next?

Background: KDE on Linux 10.0

I've been searching for these questions on the forum without luck so I posting my questions in one to spare for mass posting.

Any help or tips are appriciated highly.

Thanks

.:=The AI Dude=:.

Edited by Artificial Intelligence

1: rightclick on the file (a jpg, mp3 etc etc), choose open with, other. Choose your default apllication, check 'always open with this apllication, choose apply (disclaimer:translated from dutch so actual wording may be different)

2: ( works for KDE apps, dont know for eterm) rigthclick the windowbar, choose advanced, choose window in background.

3:workbar is taskbar? No that's not possible.

4:Check your default cdrom settings in kcontrol (sound&multimedia, cdplayer) If you have more then one CD device (a burner, dvd) it might be pointing to the wrong one (or give the full path /dev/ide/host0etc etc) Or if your CDrom has a direct output to your soundcard make sure the channel is unmuted in kmix

Edited by devries