Network cards

ChrisM

Have just managed to share an internet connection with 3 MDK9.2s and a M$ ME. Using a router-come modem-come firewall.

something is niggling me.

On 1 of the MDK boxes, even when sitched OFF, the router lights show it is still connected. No matter where I connect it to on the router, its always the same.

Ive looked through the router manual and can't find anything in troubvleshooting etc.

Any ideas?

Have just managed to share an internet connection with 3 MDK9.2s and a M$ ME.  Using a router-come modem-come firewall.

something is niggling me.

On 1 of the MDK boxes, even when sitched OFF, the router lights show it is still connected.  No matter where I connect it to on the router, its always the same.

Ive looked through the router manual and can't find anything in troubvleshooting etc.

Any ideas?

This is normal. My computers show as connected on my router when they're powered off too, and they should. Even when your computer is turned off, it is still receiving electrical current. The lights on your router just show that there is a working physical connection. As long as your computer is plugged into the wall and your NIC is working, there should always be a connection. If you unplug your computer from the wall, you break the electrical connection, and your router will show the port drop off.