PSP8 on wine?

As an old shark with PSP8 I was wondering how well PSP8 works while running it in wine or is it possible at all.

Just wanna know what people experienced with Linux and PSP8.

One of the main reason that I dual booting with XP pro is PSP8.

You might also check out Crossover office from code weavers. i think it supports PSP. Also not free, but likely to work and there's a free demo and best of all, it doesn't require a specialized kernel just to run like Win4Lin does. I've never been able to test Win4Lin for anything because it so pointlessly difficult to configure. IMNSHO, commercial payware should be easy to install and should NEVER require a custom kernel. nVidia can figure out how to get their kernel modules isntalled without patching and compiling a new kernel, win4lin's method is just unacceptable if you ask me.

And this probably isnt' what you want to hear, but have you considered trying The GIMP instead of PSP (I'm assuming PSP is Paint Shop Pro, if not forgive my stupidity and ignorance). I've found it to be VERY complete and highly functional, even for doing serious graphic design like skins for games (an old hobby of mine)

gimp2 is getting very close to adobe photoshop. i read an article in a mac magazine where a professional graphics-designer tested both programs. there are only very few advanced things that are missing in gimp (e.g. some alpha-blending options).

okay, gimp has a totally different approach to graphical work than photoshop (very user friendly) or paint shop pro and needs some time to learn, but it is more powerful than psp and it doesn't cost you some 500 bucks. ;)

i am wondering what a great interface there will be in gimp3..... :) :) :)

Edited by arctic

I'm just started on learning Gimp and I'll give it a try, also I'm gonna check out the crossover program(s)

Gimp 2 need a better interface, but that could be implemented in Gimp3 (to that time)

PSP8 prize from $89-99

photo shop ~$450 (as I recall it)

Gimp - Free :D !!!

The reason why I invested in PSP8 instead of photo shop was they are allmost identically when it comes to 'making graphic'.

VeeDubb, I installed mdk10.1-beta1 a little while ago and was suprised to see a win4lin directory in /opt which is where win4lin installs it's stuff for system wide use. I'm guessing that mdk10.1 is going to be prepatched for win4lin. Obviously, your not going to be able to use it for free but the win4lin system files are there so you most likely won't have to go through the hassle of finding a win4lin enabled kernel or patching mandrake's kernel in mdk10.1. In mdk10, mandrake had the win4lin kernels available w/i a week after the release and you can get a discount on the purchase of win4lin through mandrake club or at least you used to be able to.

• 5 months later...