How do I change hertz on my monitor.

Artificial Intelligence

Thats a big question....

Do you mean on the monitor itself or the signal you send to it is out of range or just not refreshing as much as you'd like.

The process used to be moch more manual but Xfree now does a lot of autodetection....

I have one monitor that gives out the wrong info.... its a pain but I just edit theconfig file ...(which is /etc/X11/XF86Config-4) it contains a commented out example of this for sony viao if I remember...

The monitor config is in a few stages... each is progressive...

That is if you give no info it will probe and find (or not) a compatible set for your graphics card and your monitor...for that resolution...

The next level is to tell it actual frequencies... or ranges of frequenceis for horizontal/vertical.. and optionally dot-clock etc.

These can be looked up in the monitor guide

If you give it these it then calcualtes itself the complex timings ...

Note this is usually as much intervention as is needed for stubborn systems!

Finally you can calcualte the monitor timings yourself...

see LDP link this shows how to do it the whole document is probably interesting for you....

I doubt you ill need to go this far -bear in mind XFree has developed since then and X.org is now ... (well lets not confuse you)

It's the refreshing rate, I want check and perhaps change if it isn't as it surpose to be.

I got 19" Dell 992 monitor and running 1600x1200 resolution and I need to check if the refreshing rate is set to 75 mhz.

Thanks for the apply!