mandrake10 and speedtouch330

Guest jasmine

If you dual boot with M$ Windoze, then the modem might be able to use the file from there - I had some relative success - after months of failing to get the thing to work with MDK9.2 - but for some reason it ran very slow and knocked out my firewall. I'm only a newbie so this may have been able to be resolved somehow.

I have overcome my connection issues by investing in all singing all dancing modem/router/firewall - and am now able to share a connection across a mdk/M$ home network (the M$ days are numbered). An ethernet connection is what you really need - no driver issues here, and with web based configuration for your connection your away in minutes.

However it certainly appears that the advise offered in the link from spiedra might work, some good feedback there. Lets hope so, as the Speedtouch is a 'popular' modem. However, I and many others have had the misfortune of spending months trying to get the beast to work - you'll find many tales of woe in this and other bulletin boards.

Good luck.