Mandrake official to 10.2????

Peppercorn

Well, first of all, I'm pretty sure, unless I've realy missed something, that there's no such thing as Mandrake 10.2 The current 'release' version is 10.0oe, and 10.1 is now available as an alph, or maybe it's beta now.

If 10.1 beta is what you want, you might try using the 'cooker' mirror from EasyURPMI as that's still where you'll find 10.1 as far as i know, though i'm unsure as to the exacct method.

All that being said, i reccomend for the best, and most accurite experience that you go ahead and download the ISO's. Well actualy, for the best experience you should avoid beta software like the plague, but if you insist on running a beta, the ISO's are probably the easiest option.

This was emailed to me yesterday by Mandrake Club!!

Flash: Mandrakelinux 10.0.2 is available for download!

Top-rated and award-winning, Mandrakelinux 10.0 is getting better all the

time and is now available for Club Members to download through

"Bitorrent".

Mandrakelinux 10.0.2 provides Mandrakelinux 10.0 Community upgraded with all

security updates so far, a few bug fixes, and, as a bonus, several

additional software packages from Mandrakeclub, and more!

Not a Club Member yet? Club Members enjoy many benefits including

discounts on many items, commercial mirror access, advanced availability of

releases, and many more!

Well.. 10.0.2 is different from 10.2 you know.. :)

Anyway, 10.0.2 is like what it said.. Mandrake 10 CE with patches + a few Mandrakeclub software packages. If you have updated your Mandrake 10 fto the latest version via urpmi.. I think you should have as close to 10.0.2 without the Mandrakeclub packages. And since you are a Mandrakeclub member, you should have access to those packages already.

Of course you can be a very nice person and download the isos anyway and send them to me or something :)

Edited by DragonMage

Dragonmage is right, that's what it is. You have to be very carefull with version numbers as we see here, 10.0.2 is TOTALY different from 10.2 which is what you asked for. And like DM said, if you have 10.0Official(or community for that matter) and you've fully updated it, you have everything but the mandrake club packages which you probably don't need.