Dynamic DNS question

lefthook

Hi! I have dyndns client ez-ipupdate on my http server & shows ok after update. I can do ping myhost.example.org (name) from the server behind gw-router. I can do the same from my gateway machine & it resolves & I can enter the server by using it's name & browser on gateway machine. From internet others cannot enter my web server by using name, but they can enter by using IP, so 80 is not blocked. Is there sometimes long delays with DNS? Or is it just this from dyndns.org/status:

12/17/2002 12:56

We will shortly be beginning the main part of the move of our main datacenter. The most users should see is two short (less than 30 minute) outages of the NIC while we transition systems. DNS resolution will not be affected by these events. More details will be posted as applicable, but please note that support queries may take a little longer to be answered due to this move as well.

Or something to still check? That announcement says "DNS resolution will not be affected by these events".

Ok! working too late at night. I checked My IP from dyndns account & it shows that ez-ipupdate sends server's IP, not Gateways. Some guys wrote before that they have no problems with DSL router & dyndns services. What clients you're using to get router's external ip to be sended for dyndns?

Looking at www.dyndns.org 's own client listings, it seems that ddclient could be the one that you are looking for. I cannot give you more information than that since my D-Link 604 router can act as a client to DDNS sites with updated firmware.

Hope it helps.

Ok! working too late at night. I checked My IP from dyndns account & it shows that ez-ipupdate sends server's IP, not Gateways. Some guys wrote before that they have no problems with DSL router & dyndns services. What clients you're using to get  router's external ip to be sended for dyndns?

I'm using no-ip.com on a server behind a firewall. The catch is that amongst other things it's a NAT box so it works IP or on name.