FX5200, Chaintech mobo, mdk 10 CE

Sarissi

Hardware:

GeForce FX 5200, Chaintech 7VJL Deluxe Apogee (running Athlon XP 3000, 333 Mhz FSB, 1 GB DDR333, Optimized Defaults)

Problem: OS installs. However at boot, once X is started, there is nothing but Garbage on the monitor. I do not change Monitor choice from Custom.

However, with the ATI Xpert 2000 Pro AGP, Mandrake 10.0 CE PP installs, and boots with no problems, AND, I have hardware OpenGL!! :lol2:

Go Figure! :screwy:

I suspect that mandrake install is loading the nvidia/nforce or something it shouldn't. I couldn't even get to the login screen.

SoulSE;

It works with my nForce2 mobo. The Chaintech is a Via KT400/vt8235 chipset Mandy 10.0 CE Powerpack has the nForce and nVidia binary kernels. I suspect that it is installing the nForce kernels, along with the nVidia. I had 10 CE PP running with the FX 5200 on the nForce2 mobo, with hardware OpenGL.

Mandy 9.1 Powerpack causes the screen to go black and 2 of the keyboard LEDs to blink, immediately after choosing Enter to Install or Upgrade option, with the FX 5200 on the Chaintech mobo.

These are problems resulting from the Installation programs for the 2 versions of Mandrake Powerpack, this video card (LeadTek Winfast GeForce FX 5200 8X AGP), and perhaps something else.

Besides, it is VERY hard to edit config files when you can't even fraggin login! Another note: this FX 5200 works fine in this Chaintech, with Win98SE and Win2K Pro. I got the card for my 3D CGI work.

My post was a notice, rather than a request for help.