root password recovery - SOLVED

brucedjones

Hello Fred the Fish. No, I do not do transactions over the internet. And no I am not silly enough to make really personal e-mails either. If I want to convey really personal information then I either write or phone. You can label me old fashioned but the idea of using the web for transmission of personal information is not for me. So guess who will never have his personal information compromised by eaves droppers or crackers on the internet?????

I have run Mandrake my way for 3 years and have never had a problem. Like I said earlier, so what if I spend an hour reinstalling (never had to do it because of having been hacked, ever), I have seen so many others here spend days trying to fix a problem that was finally fixed by doing a reinstall. They claim they learn from this and that is ok if that is what they want to do but ever notice that they finally had to resort to a reinstall. So what did they learn overall from their experience ??? Bugger all, I think.

What I also find interesting is how some are very concerned about the way I do things and warn me of all the diabolical things that can/will happen to me. 3yrs no problem, was it good luck ???? I don't think so

Storing personal information on a computer is like storing paper documents in the empty slots of an electric toaster because it is convenient (holds a lot of paper in a tidy and convenient manner) instead of locking it away in a drawer or a safe.. This is okay until either you forget and "toast it" or some sees it and takes it . Not an exact analogy but close enough for me.

Cheers. John.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Sarah, seepassword.com is a real helpful site. Now at least we don't have to worry about loosing our passwords. And free software to block all those popup is really good. Thanks once again. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your appreciation john and Shawn. It feels great when someone acknowledges your posting like this. I’ll try to put valuable and informative sites constantly, which will help all of us to keep in touch with developing IT industry. Thanks once again.