Problem with D-Link Network Card

Jza

I got a D-Link DFE-690TXD card. I am on a DELL Inspiron 4800 and a Mandrake 10.1rc.

DFE-690TXD_main.gifmy card

Mandrake fails creating binding with the eth0 interface. The network card is recognized but it doesnt connect. I wonder what I need to add to get in the network. It might have been some initialization issues (no LDAP, or Kerberos on my network).

I put localfiles when installing the distro, I wonder if thts the reason why no binding with eth0 is happening.

Any help please.

errrm... just a stupid question. did this also happen with mandrake 10.0? i mean... using 10.1rc1 is not the best way of getting your system running a network, especially if you keep in mind that this version will be the community edition later, which means that there won't be as much network drivers as in official edition. so if you can, try mandrake 10.0 OE first. ;)

assuming it worked under 10.0, please give us more info. e.g. your network settings, yout ifconfig-eth0 file, the output of ifconfig in console, etc....

:)

Edited by arctic

assuming it worked under 10.0, please give us more info. e.g. your network settings, yout ifconfig-eth0 file, the output of ifconfig in console, etc....

:)

Well I never really had any problem before with any Linux distro before thats why I dont bother. Now this is not a server is my laptop for personal use. And I just want to be savvy about it going wtith the latest and greatest.

AFAIK this network card usually went just by using the pcnet_cs module, and it worked pretty good. Now Mandrke DOES detect and get the model of my card (under Hardrake for example). The issue comes with binding the eth0. Pcmcia deamons runs kind of ok.

But the binding with eth0 comes as a failure. I am currently on my other OS but I will post that info ASAP I jump back to MDK (dual boot here)