Installation Help...

Guest WeeWee

Guest WeeWee

Alright. First things first. I downloaded the three cd's and burnt the ISO's onto cd's. Also, I have two hard drives, one 120 and one 40. The 120 drive has windows on it, the 40 is formatted. The 40 drive is what I planned to put Mandrake on. So what I do is load up windows, put in the #1 cd, and a window pops up. I clicked the option "Install". It tells me to reboot my computer and linux will be installed. Well, the comp. reboots and nothing happens. So then I kept the cd in the drive, rebooted, when to the boot menu (f12) and selected to boot from the CD. I go through the pages and when I get to partitioning, I select the second tab on top. I clicked the auto thing and up at the top in this little window it made three sections, I beleive 2 red sections and one green. Then I hit next. Everything is going smoothly until I was in summary and I hit previous, then the whole thing froze. So I reboot, and boot from CD again, going through the process again. This time I decide to not to mess with the settings. Everything worked, except for when I rebooted. All I see on my screen was

07007070770707070707070707070070707070707070 and so on.

I talked to liquidzoo and he said that it was a problem with the lilo booter, and to try grub. So I go through the installation process again, and this time in the sumary I choose grub as my booter. Than it takes me to a list of about 5 lines. I just left it on what it was and clicked next, and finished installation. On rebot, this time I get...

GRUB_

And it just stays there. If anyone could actually follow what I just said, I really need some help on getting this to work. Thanks in advance