Wireless lan tool

johanl

I've just got my Asus wl100-g card to work in my laptop (finally) only I don't like

the configuring part with iwconfig. Is there a GUI tool for KDE available to configure wireless settings like ESSID, encryption, channel etc.?

I'm also having a problem with my wireless connection. Let me explain my config a bit.

I got eth0 (internal NIC) which has the address 192.168.117.xxx. My eth1 is my wifi card, it has 10.0.1.xxx as its address, which is in the same range as my home network. Ok, link is up and running, I can ping my wireless AP, my adsl router, my server etc. but I have to change the broadcast address on eth1 with ifconfig eth broadcast 10.0.1.255 or else I can't.

But when I try to ping a website, it says ping: unknown host yahoo.com. When I try to ping an internet ip address I get connect: Network is unreachable. The gateway for my computer is set to my adsl router, but it just doesn' t seem to act as a gateway for my wifi connection, for the rest of the network it does, ofcourse. Any suggestions?

I'm also having a problem with my wireless connection. Let me explain my config a bit.

I got eth0 (internal NIC) which has the address 192.168.117.xxx. My eth1 is my wifi card, it has 10.0.1.xxx as its address, which is in the same range as my home network. Ok, link is up and running, I can ping my wireless AP, my adsl router, my server etc. but I have to change the broadcast address on eth1 with ifconfig eth broadcast 10.0.1.255 or else I can't.

But when I try to ping a website, it says ping: unknown host yahoo.com. When I try to ping an internet ip address I get connect: Network is unreachable. The gateway for my computer is set to my adsl router, but it just doesn' t seem to act as a gateway for my wifi connection, for the rest of the network it does, ofcourse. Any suggestions?

It looks like a routing problem. As root, run route -n and see what is default gateway. if you want to use eth1 for the internet connection, then the default gateway should point to the AP ie it must point to the 10.0.1.xxx subnet.