Zyxel Prestige ADSL problem

Guest PascalL

Guest PascalL

:help:

Hello!

I use Mandrake 10.0 download edition for club members.

I have bought a Zyxel Prestige 623-ME ADSL modem because I could not get my Speedtouch usb to work with pppoe (I'm in Switzerland and I need pppoe!). It's now connected to a ethernet card which is well identified by Mandrake.

The modem should be configured via an html page accessible via an IP adress given in the manual. From what I heard, adsl through ethernet should work straightforward, but when I type the IP adress, Mozilla says it can't connect.

I have tried to boot on older kernel, doesn't work either. When I boot from Knoppix CD, the thing works, as easily as it should.

Could you help me please, I'm a linux newbie and don't even know in which config files to look and how to get informations from my system.

You surely know it, Mandrake without internet connection is quite useless!

Cheers!

Pascal

:help:

Hello!

I use Mandrake 10.0 download edition for club members.

I have bought a Zyxel Prestige 623-ME ADSL modem because I could not get my Speedtouch usb to work with pppoe (I'm in Switzerland and I need pppoe!). It's now connected to a ethernet card which is well identified by Mandrake.

The modem should be configured via an html page accessible via an IP adress given in the manual. From what I heard, adsl through ethernet should work straightforward, but when I type the IP adress, Mozilla says it can't connect.

I have tried to boot on older kernel, doesn't work either. When I boot from Knoppix CD, the thing works, as easily as it should.

Could you help me please, I'm a linux newbie and don't even know in which config files to look and how to get informations from my system.

You surely know it, Mandrake without internet connection is quite useless!

Cheers!

Pascal

Make sure your PC has an IP in the same class/subnet. i.e. if your new modem has a defualt IP of 192.168.0.1/24 then your PC should have an address like 192.168.0.9/24 (24 refrerring to a class C subnet as in 255.255.255.0).

Guest PascalL

Thanks!

How do I know my PC's IP please?

More info: the modem is connected on eth1.

eth0 is integrated with the motherboard and doesn't work!

Pascal

Thanks!

How do I know my PC's IP please?

More info: the modem is connected on eth1.

eth0 is integrated with the motherboard and doesn't work!

Pascal

I'm at work and not in front of my Linux box right now, but go to the KDE menu and go to "Configure Your Computer" and go to the network section, if you aren't familiar with this stuff you may want to take a look at the FAQs on this board, the networking section is very thurough.

Guest PascalL

Thanks a lot! It works!!!

I'm writing from my Mandrake right now! Such a long time that I hoped this moment!!!!

I just didn't configure my ethernet card properly. I thought that the installed pilot were enough. Sorry for my ignorance.

I guess that's not my last call for help here :cheeky: I'll try soon to install my Wacom tablet...

Bye for now!

Pascal