Sound - no options

Guest boonders

Guest boonders

I just installed a new motherboard (asus a7v8x), and there aren't any drivers for the onboard sound, like my previous board, so I put my SoundBlaster Live 5.1 card back in, but I can't get it to configure properly. If I goto mandrake control center, then hardware, then hardware list, then click on "SB Live! (audio)", and then click on "Run Config tool", It does not give me a list of drivers to choose from like it used to.

It says "Your card currently use the ALSA "snd-via866" driver (default driver for your card is snd-emu10k1". And then in the drop down box, it just has "DSP audio and mixer driver for Via 82Cxxx audio devices)", no other options. I used to be able to select the emu10k1 driver before (mandrake 8.2) I'm running Mandrake 9.0, and i origianlyl installed this distribution with the SB live card installed.

THANKS!

Guest Mandrake_Mouse

Also, make sure you disabled your onboard sound. This is usually accomplished with a jumper setting on the motherboard. The system won't see your SB card until the onboard sound is disabled.

I don't see the point in playing with your bios, jumpers, etc, just to disable onboard sound. Simple edit your /modules.conf file and put a # in front of the card you want to disable. Easy-peezy.