GF4+1800Mhz | startcraft wont even run smoothly

Hello,

I'm using MDK10 Official I just installed cedega 4 and at the begining when I runned games like Half Life and Wacraft and it wasn't running even close to how it was running on windows I was like ok it will never run like it did back in windows but then I found out that even Starcraft a 2d game that requires what 300Mhz or something wont even run smoothly.

Anyone had this kind of problems and can there be solved? because i'm currently really dissapointed from cedega.

---

LuNaTiC.

Edited by LuNaTiC

Hello,

I'm using MDK10 Official I just installed cedega 4 and at the begining when I runned games like Half Life and Wacraft and it wasn't running even close to how it was running on windows I was like ok it will never run like it did back in windows but then I found out that even Starcraft a 2d game that requires what 300Mhz or something wont even run smoothly.

Anyone had this kind of problems and can there be solved? because i'm currently really dissapointed from cedega.

---

LuNaTiC.

Firstly: You should have used the search function on this board - there have been thousands of posts on what you're asking.

Secondly: Did you install the CVS version of Cedega or did you subscribe to transgaming.com?

Correct me if I wrong,..............One of them I think is free which is I think CVS. The official one that you have to buy or subscribe to is the one from transgaming. For all I know is that CVS is missing things?! Some one told me that it was more like a trial version, and If you subscribe I think you get everything, I hear that you can subscribe to transgaming.com for $30 dollars for about 6 months.

-Luis

Correct - the CVS version is the 'free' version of Cedega, it doesn't work as well as the payed for (via subscription) version of transgaming.com.

The fact that you don't know what the CVS version is, means that you are either subscribed to Transgaming or used an illegal rpm that you copied from someone.

$5 a month isn't much (for 3 months minimum, that's $15). Don't be a freeloader and pirate, you'll just give the Linux world a bad name. You're also likely to get yourself flamed around here with that attitude (that's a "heads-up", not a threat). There's a difference between paying insane prices for some crap piece of software and paying someone for the hard work they've done.

the CVS version won't work as well as the version you get for that small $15 pricetag. not near as good.

It is possible that you downloaded one of the rpms made from the CVS version which is, technically, legal.

I would go on about freeloading and your attitude, but tyme already said it all, so think about it.