AUTO SHUTDOWN PC& DEFAULT BUTTON SELECTION

Guest cyberian_bear

Guest cyberian_bear

1. have double boot system with mandrake 9 and w2kpro. When I shutdown w2kpro the system turns off automatically when i do the same thing in linux 'power down' message appears but the system doesn't turn itself off automatically. how do i correct that?

2. Also, in windows it is possible to set the mouse pointer to move to the default button. Can I do the same in mandrake??

I ended up having to compile a kernel with the acpi patch applied to cure a sound problem, it also cured the auto-powerdown problem. Firstly there is some acpi functionality already in the 2.4.19-16mdk kernel, so try recompiling that one first, I followed the instructions here:

http://mdkxp.by-a.com/htm/tutorials/mdkkernel.php

make sure you type bzImage not bzimage, at the relevant point.

ACPI is under the general settings part when you run make menuconfig or make xconfig etc. I disabled APM at the same time because it says the first of these to load (ACPI or APM) will be used.

If you don't have any luck with this then you'll need a vanilla kernel, 2.4.20 perhaps and the ACPI patch from here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...?group_id=36832

The ACPI patch for the 2.4.19 kernel doesn't work with the 2.4.19-16mdk kernel that comes with Mandrake 9.0.

Hope this is some help.

Cheers

Amos.