Mandrake Linux Users Management Tool 0.92

Cristjan

Welcome to the board!

I currenetly do not have mandrake installed but I'd imagine if you'd find where those icons are>put yours in there>lauch userdrake? or somehting in the mandrake control center, the new icon would appear. look in /usr/share/mandrake?

I 'may' have mandrake on here by end of day and I'll look into it.

Hi.

I assume that you refer to the Icons of the kde-login-manager (kdm) & mandrake-login-manager (mdm).

All icons for your "users" are stored in the following folder in mdk10:

file:/usr/share/mdk/faces

To add or to change icons, you need to log in as root and modify this directory.

How to add your own picture to user icon?

All I can see is *click on the icon to change it* (cat, dog, flower...)

Hi Cristjan

I use my own icons for each user and I store them in each person's home account. So for user1 I place their icon in /home/user1 (or wherever you like).

I use the the KDE Control Centre - System/Login Manager (you need root access to make changes here). On the "Users" tab at the right side is a box "User images" click on the drop down list and choose the user you wish to change. Click on the icon which will bring up a window that allows you to choose an icon or navigate to a new location where you can choose whatever icon you want.

I place my icons in the user's home accounts so that when I upgrade the user's icon stay in their home directories and are hence not lost. Also each user can modify their own login icon without needing root access.

Hope this helps.

Edited by aperahama