• Announcements

• spinynorman

Mandriva Official Documentation

Official documentation for extant versions of Mandriva can be found at doc.mandriva.com.   Documentation for the latest release may take some time to appear there. You can install all the manuals from the main repository if you have Mandriva installed - files are prefixed mandriva-doc.
    • paul

Forum software upgrade   10/29/17

So you may have noticed the forum software has upgraded !!!
      A few things that have changed. We no longer have community blogs (was never really used) We no longer have a portal page.
      We can discuss this, and decide whether it is needed (It costs money) See this thread: Here
Guest anon

Board upgrade and move

Guest anon

Hi,

We wil be moving the board to a new server over the next few days. We will also be upgrading the board to a stable, but RC release of Invision board 2.00.

There will be a period of down time, but it shouldn't be for very long. Once the switch takes place, you may notice some recent posts or topics that are missing. It will take a day (probably less) to update the database with the latest posts and also add in our logo and other board features. If you use a skin other than the default, you may have to wait for it to be added/installed.

The new board is packed with new features that will enhance your visit here, but some will take time to be put in place, i will make a post of some of the new features and how to use them after the upgrade takes place. Please be patient!

Because of some new data base tables that have to be added, this board will be upgraded first, and then moved.

The search feature is still horribly broken and the "View My Posts" feature is gone. What is the status of the upgrade?

Eric P.

Sunnyvale, CA

Guest anon

The board is now running an RC version which is stable. As for the "view my posts" link, that was a hack i added on myself. If i get time i will put it back on this version. In the meantime a click on your name will bring up your profile and from that page you can view all the posts you ever made.

Search feature? what can't you find?

I guess he might be talking about the 'see today active post' (or something like that) option which is missing too and was very helpful.

BTW I miss the 'View my post' link too... :jester:

Apart from that everything works fine, thanks for a smooth transition!! :headbang:

Guest anon

I guess he might be talking about the 'see today active post' (or something like that) option which is missing too and was very helpful.

Click on "view new posts" then look at the bottom right of the page, you will se a drop down list for viewing active posts from today, yesterday, last week/year etc.

Click on "view new posts" then look at the bottom right of the page, you will se a drop down list for viewing active posts from today, yesterday, last week/year etc.

oh cool, hadnt seen it...

gracias anon!

The board is now running an RC version which is stable. As for the "view my posts" link, that was a hack i added on myself. If i get time i will put it back on this version. In the meantime a click on your name will bring up your profile and from that page you can view all the posts you ever made.
Cool - Thanks! :o
e.g., Searching for the phrase "5 button mouse", "5 mouse button", and "memorex" all failed to find this post. The search feature may work but it's horrendously inflexible. icon8.gif Edited by epretorious

Suddenly I can't access plf free. Not anything to do with the move is it?

Suddenly I can't access plf free. Not anything to do with the move is it?

We haven't had a PLF mirror for a few years now, IIRC - so any issues you're having with PLF wouldn't be because of this board.

This is an old thread. It may be confusing, so I am closing it.