Unsuccessful in disenabling animated icons...

lawsonrc

A few days ago I went into KDE Control Center > Look N Feel > Icons > Advanced Tab and out of curiosity I enabled "Animated Icons".

The result was that when launching an application, the miniature program icon that appears on the desktop bounces up and down as it lets you know the program is launching.

Since I didn't like this bouncy affect, I unchecked it, and it is still unchecked (disenabled).

However, I still have the bouncing icon on the desktop as the app launches. The bounce is so pronounced you'd think a professional basketball player was standing erect 7 feet tall dribbling a basketball!

Am I in the wrong location to disenable this effect?

If so, where do I go to?

If you have a solution, I'd appreciate your reply.

Richard L.

did you click "apply" after unchecking the option? have you restarted KDE? if not, do those 2 things. it works for me in MDK 10.0 w/KDE3.2.

Chris

ok, check this..........

go to the same place (look n feel->icons->advanced). there should be a box on the left that says "use of icons" with various entries in it. go through each entry & make sure the "animate icons" box is unchecked for each one. only "desktop/file manager" & "panel" should have that option, but check 'em all just in case yours differs. "apply", restart KDE if needed.

Chris

Hi chris_z and devries,

I appreciate your efforts in helping me so far.

chris_z : The box for "animate icons" was already unchecked for all, so that so far hasn't disenabled the bouncing, i.e. animated icons on the desktop when an app begins to launch.

devries: Sorry to say that your thumbnail image isn't showing up in my Firefox on MDK10. So I'm unable to enlarge it to see what you're trying to show. Can you repost it, please?

Thanks to both!

Richard