NTFS resize

bsyuni

It is not quite related with Mandrake linux, though.

I would like to use partition resize.

My desktop was installed window 2000 Pro and it has 40 giga byte hard disk drive.

As you know before that work, I must run disk defragment in windows 2000.

After running disk defragment, I noticed that some system files did not move. Even I have 5 giga byte free space so that I have only 500 Mega byte.

How can I move the system files to get more space for Mandrake?

Yes, we can resize NTFS from MDK9.X. and MDK10.0

My question is that how I can move system files in MS windows 2000.

The system files are located near end of the cylinder of the disk so that I can not have enought space to install MDK10.0.

Even I make a room about 5GB but due to the system files I can only get 500MB.

system files || empty space || used space || empty space || system files || empty space

...................................................................4.5 GB.............30MB......500MB

............................................................|<-Should be moved here-|

................................................................................

.......................|

........................................................................I can cut here only -->|

Sorry for my previous ambiguous question.

Edited by bsyuni

Yes, we can resize NTFS from MDK9.X. and MDK10.0

My question is that how I can move system files in MS windows 2000.

The system files are located near end of the cylinder of the disk so that I can not have enought space to install MDK10.0.

Even I make a room about 5GB but due to the system files I can only get 500MB.

system files || empty space || used space || empty space || system files || empty space

...................................................................4.5 GB.............30MB......500MB

............................................................|<-Should be moved here-| 

................................................................................

.......................|

........................................................................I can cut here only -->|

Sorry for my previous ambiguous question.

hmm, i'm thinking that's the pagefile that's doing that. you can try temporarily disabling your virtual memory. A little voice in the corner of my mind is telling me that this could be dangerous...