Verbose Mode questions?

xbob

Perhaps I am just a dork, but I really enjoy seeing "verbose mode" messages scroll by on those rare start ups and shut downs, my old skool Red Hat roots poking through. Is there a way I can keep the blue background (which I find strangely soothing and makes the verbose mode messages easier to read on my LCD) while always getting "verbose mode" without hitting the escape key? I won't be surprised if it's somewhere right in the management tools, but I haven't stumbled over it yet. :woot:

Sorry...somehow missed that you've replied.....I hate these new boards.....like the old, old much more :devil: .....no telling how many post I've missed :unsure: ' but what can we do to resolve unanswered post?' ....ummmm....use good forum code? :cheeky: I mean, the dumb thing can't even tell you what post are new w/o you telling to mark post as read and return...bla bla bla.....rant.....I guess this is progress?

You have to, which is better and smarter anyway, edit the /etc/lilo.conf file manually. Change;

splash=silent

to

splash=verbose

oh, auto 'anything' always sucks ;)

Edited by bvc

Sorry...somehow missed that you've replied.....I hate these new boards.....like the old, old much more :devil: .....no telling how many post I've missed  :unsure: ' but what can we do to resolve unanswered post?' ....ummmm....use good forum code? :cheeky: I mean, the dumb thing can't even tell you what post are new w/o you telling to mark post as read and return...bla bla bla.....rant.....I guess this is progress?

You have to, which is better and smarter anyway, edit the /etc/lilo.conf file manually. Change;

splash=silent

to

splash=verbose

oh, auto 'anything' always sucks ;)

As usual you are spot on, that worked perfectly. I don't know why I kept missing it, the first time I installed 10 on this machine it picked Grub as the bootloader and even though this time I know it used Lilo I kept looking at Grub (perhaps I should start sleeping at night?).

I hate to do it, but I have to...that did it for boot up, what abuot shut down, can I force it to use the blue background instead of the black one? Thanks bvc, you always have solid answers.

Edited by xbob