Power Management on Compaq 725CA

Guest phere

Guest phere

Hey Everyone, I have been using MDK for some time now and have had very little trouble with it, compared to other Distros anyway. But I do have one problem that has to do with the power management on my compaq presario 725. I have enabled ACPI and The ACPID, and it seems that the power management is supposed to be working, but not at 100%. I know with 9.2, you had to append nolapic for the computer to even boot with the power management, so I assumed the same here. At this point the computer boots no problem and I have all the indicators, (ie. Charing, battery power, etc) but I only get like 10 mins out of my battery. I figure I Have something screwed up. While using WinXP or MDK 9.2 on the same system, I could easily get 2hs our of the battery. Does anyone know how to solve this problem or has solved the same one before?

For some reason when you use your AC it shortens the life of you battery, I just learned this my self from Iphitus who is another board member. According to him it does shorten the life of the battery, and quite frankly I noticed that I used to be able to get about 3 hours when I first got my computer now I'm proably down to something like 45 minutes. What you can do is remove the battery when you are using the AC Adapter, and put in the battery to charge, and when you are not using the AC Adapter. Or if you want you can try to buy another battery, but I don't see the point of it unless you really really need it.

-Luis :lol: