Changing colour-depth manually??

LTD602

How can I change the colour depth maually in MDK10? I only get options for 16-bit and 24-bit, but since my vidcard supports 32-bit, I'd like it to go higher.

Do I edit some sort of file through the console?

If so, could someone please give me explicit instructions on what commands I should use, etc.

Thank you :-)

24 bit is 32 bit. No change necessary, you're already using what in windows is called 32 bit if you use what in linux more correctly is called 24 bit.

Namely, in the digital world, powers of 2 work nicely with addressing and other things.

24 bits is 8 bit per colour channel, but also 3 bytes. 32 bits is 4 bytes, which fits in nicer with the binary counting stuff. So they actually use 4 bytes per pixel (32bits), which makes addressing really easy, but the colour is also actually 8bits per channel, with 3 channels this is 24 bits.

Thank you very much for being so helpful !

A new thing learned today. :-) Yet another reason to love Linux: accurate colour labelling.

I assume, however, that when I run games in Linux (under WINE, I guess) that in windows require 32-bit, I'll need to do some tweaking, right?

By the way, now that I'm asking, what is the BEST windiows game emulation package? Is it still WINE? I heard something about WINE-X or something, too.

Thankis again!

Edited by LTD602