Nvidia question

VeeDubb

I want everyone's opinion on which video card to buy.

All else equal, is the GeForceFX5700ultra or the FX5900XT a better card. both agp-8x, both good manufacturers, both 128MBddr, both retail packages with similar included software.

I just want to know which chipset it better.

well, that's what I had in mind.

I know about the unavoidable price drop and a friend of mine who plays a lot more games than me wants to buy an FX once the 6800's come, so my question remains, which of those two fx chip set is better. I couldn't find any usefull info at nvidia.com

I want everyone's opinion on which video card to buy.

All else equal, is the GeForceFX5700ultra or the FX5900XT a better card. both agp-8x, both good manufacturers, both 128MBddr, both retail packages with similar included software.

I just want to know which chipset it better.

I have spent time doing my research on video cards (including comparing FX 5700, 5900XT) before deciding to buy the MSI GeForce FX 5900XT.

5900XT actually uses the same GPU as the 5900 Ultra only clocked slower. RAM used are also slower but you can overclock both GPU and RAM to make it run almost as fast as an Ultra.

This card runs great on Mandrake 10 using the generic nVidia FX drivers from the Powerpack CDs. I also dual boot to XP mainly for gaming and this card runs Far Cry smoothly with most quality setting at "high". My old Geforce 4 4200 Ti doesn't even compare to this on both speed and quality (gaming).

cyclo